Looking for business, investment, legal, career, consumer or government information? Try the Library!
Our many business information sources can help you start your own business, set up a corporation, and write a business plan. A variety of electronic and print directories can locate basic information about most companies in the United States. In addition, we have a large collection of historic Akron Beacon Journal clippings on many local businesses.
- Worried about retirement or investment strategies? We have books to help budget your money, invest, plan for your retirement or your child’s education. In addition, we subscribe to a number of investment newsletters which provide timely, authoritative information on where to invest. Two important investment services are available online: Standard & Poor’s NetAdvantage and Morningstar Investment Research Center. Both of these premier financial tools are available 24/7 via your Akron-Summit County Public Library card.
- Our legal information includes both technical sources and self-help legal information. We have the Ohio Revised Code, the United States Code and legal codes for Summit County and Akron. We subscribe to an Ohio Legal Forms database that allows you to download many popular Ohio forms including contracts and leases. You can get self-help information on landlord-tenant law, doing your own divorce and writing your will.
- Our career section includes information on choosing a career, writing resumes and cover letters,and enhancing your interviewing skills. We provide access to special software that will help you create your perfect resume and improve your job-hunting techniques.
- You can find a variety of consumer information in the Business & Government Division. Consumer Reports magazine is a perennially popular source of unbiased product assessments. We are happy to check their recommendations for you. We also have used and new car prices and evaluations. You can check out information on your credit rating, how to shop for mortgages, write a letter of complaint or lease a car.
- Have a question for the government? We can help you contact your local, state, or federal government officials. We can answer questions on topics like the electoral college, passports and constitutional amendments. Foreign consulate addresses are available here, as well as information on the government of countries worldwide.
The librarians in the Business & Government Division welcome the opportunity to answer your questions, help you with our resources, and assist you in your research projects.